Possible topics for Speaking part 1
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Your home town/village
- What is the name of your home town (pronounce it in the English way)?
- Where is the town located?
- Is it near to the capital city or any major cities?
- Is it inland or by the coast?
- Is your town well-known for something (for example, a building or a type of food)?
- What is the most interesting part of your town?
- Is it in a flat, hilly or mountainous area?
- Does it have a river?
- Is it a large or small town?
- What is the population?
- Do you live in a city centre, a suburb, a town, a village, or in the countryside?
- What are the main industries?
- What kinds of jobs do people do in your town?
- Is it clean or polluted?
- Is it quiet or noisy?
- Are there many parks and other green areas?
- Do you like living there?
- Are there many things to do?
- What can you say about people from the way they dress?
- If you are not living in your home town now, what are the main differences between your current town and your home town?
- Do you have a large or small family?
- Do you have any brothers or sisters?
- Are they older or younger than you?
- Do you live with your parents?
- What do they do?
- Do you have any pets?
Your work or study:
- Are you working or studying at the moment?
- Can you tell me something about yourself?
- What were you doing before you started your current work or studies?
- Why are you studying English?
- Where are you studying?
- How long have you been studying English?
- What do you like doing in your spare time?
- Do you have any hobbies?
- What kind of music do you like?
- Do you like sports?
- How do you like to spend your holidays?
- Do you enjoy reading?
- What sort of films do you like to watch?
- What is your favourite film?
- Are you a fan of new technology?
- What sort of job would you like to do in the future?
- What do you think you will be doing after 5 or 10 years?
- Do you want to live in your home country or abroad?
Go back to the Speaking Page.